Favorites?

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Favorites?

Post by Kjell »

:?:

What are your favorite games? My pick of 30 ( image from Playfire ).

K
Attachments
Kjell.jpg
Kjell.jpg (148.1 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Ohh... it is hard to pick a list. Here it is anyway, in no particular order and mixing old and new:

Zelda: Ocarina of time
Metal Gear Solid
Rez
Space Giraffe
Sin and Punishment
Raiden II
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Bangai-O
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Galaxy
Eternal Darkness
Zoo Keeper
Star Fox 64
Shining Force
Xenogears
Tengai Makyou IV
Metal Slug
Robotron

Last year I played almost no games at all. Maybe it's the industry that's changed, or maybe it's just me. I seem to enjoy developing a game engine more than playing the latest games these days.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yup you guys have some of my fav.s in your lists and some I have never played,. good thing for emulation!

Currently I am playing way too much Team Fortress 2 I have too many hundreds of hours, as the naging stats the game keeps shows me,. . yeah many of the players are sick and annoying ppl,. but at least half the time I find a decent server and get a few good rounds in, The classes really do keep it fresh, when I tire of building turrets, I snipe for a while, then pyro some fire,. etc. I am not able to play as a Medic though as I always just stop healing ppl and start attacking, sad that.
I was a big fan of Tribes and TF2 almost fills the void,. I am still looking for a structure building/jetpacking type game,. . well I am also trying to build one ;) I have the design but the math crushes me,.

two that look promising for me are; Global Agenda and Brink

My big gripe with current games is all the 'realistic' militerism. yawn,. I am looking for abstract/fantastical/artistic/escapism mostly,. . and that is also what I intend to build.

ICO and SoTC are great,.
REZ was sic!
I enjoyed Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner a lot,. gameplay and rendering stye
Half Life (and 2) where very good,.
Mario 64 was a 3D ground breaker,. what I played of the game cube version was nice too,.
Finnal Fantasy Tactics was like a series of advanced chess matches,. with a story,. I liked that a bunch.

I play many of the indie games that come out nowadays on the PC,. always some interesing stuff to be found,. . look here and here.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yes, definitely Ico and SoTC, I forgot about those. The general mood in Ico and the setting with the beautiful castle architecture makes it a real classic. All the games on my list are based on my play experience at that time. For instance later Zelda/MGS/Shining Force sequels were better games when viewed in isolation, but it was the initial encounter with that particular game genre that made a mark on me.

I agree with you about realistic militarism puts me off, this has only happened since the last few years, probably I've grown older and wiser ;)

The indie-scene is exciting with all the short experimental games, such as the upcoming "Tuning" by my friend Cactus.
Lupo

Great games

Post by Lupo »

Maybe i'm feeling a bit old :)

- Ico is amazing, the atmosphere there...
- Battlezone (atari vector).
- Ikaruga
- Android2 / TTL / Cyclone (Vortex / Costa Panayi).
- Uridium
- Skidmarks
- Stunts.
- Burnout
- Most of Kenta cho games...
- geometry wars
- robotron/defender/Cruisin usa
- Mario64.
- Tokyo (Scramble Formation)

Loved Rez too.
Close, but not there yet.