[FIXED] Can't make working APK file with last ZGE

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

Ats

[FIXED] Can't make working APK file with last ZGE

Post by Ats »

Hi. Since I got back home after 6 months of work abroad, I was happy to compile all the work I did on Omeganaut during this winter. But surprise: the compilated APK file isn't working on the phone...

After a lot of tries, the problem seems to be coming from ZGE itself. I'm able to compile my last project with an old ZGE from last summer I had on another computer. But I can't make a working apk with the latest ZGE.
It's the same project and very same files in the Android folder. Only the ZGameEditor.exe and ZzDC.map files have changed.

The apk is installing fine, but hangs at launch. What could cause that?
Last edited by Ats on Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ats

Re: Can't make working APK file with last ZGE

Post by Ats »

Oh, I just remembered, maybe I should compile libzgeandroid.so with the latest sourcecode of ZGE?
I'll try that tomorrow :wink:
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi, indeed I think the libandroid needs to be rebuilt. Please try that and let me know how it goes :)
Ats

Post by Ats »

And... it works :)
Here's the working lib made from latest ZGE sourcecode.

By the way, should I fork your github to upload my android template folder for android 28 with all the new libs and latest manifest fancy stuff?
I already asked you long ago, but it would be nice if one could add folders in Android/Template that should automatically be visible by ZGameEditor instead of replacing Base or 4.1 folders. Currently, it's so easy to accidentally replace an AndroidManifest.xml file...
Attachments
libzgeandroid.zip
(253.16 KiB) Downloaded 323 times