Sound

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

kattle87 wrote:I mean, will it need complete rewrite or not? (EG: arrays, functions, possibility of using "for" statements inside a ZExpression and so on...)
I want to examine the possibilities of using an existing compiler for Java, C# or ActionScript for zge-compilation. It would allow the syntax of those languages but not the runtime libraries. It would be designed so that the user wouldn't notice that a external compiler is being used. And the zge-runtime would not require any more files or dependencies to flash, java etc. But I'm not sure if it is possible, it's just a idea I have.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

Getting back on topic. I've recently been messing around with SunVox on my Palm during commutes ( also available for PC / Linux / PPC ), would be great if we could implement some of those features in the ZGE sound system ( Flanger, Reverb, Filters etc. ). It's Open Source too, so maybe we could have a peek to see how to tackle certain effects :)

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

cool SunVOx is very nice,. I wonder if we can talk the guy into adding his engine to a ver. of ZGE ! I tryied playing back some of his demo tracks while playing my latest silent ZGE game and it works very well,. SunVox easts only around 4% of my cpu,. I lov the nice modular design and the tracker editing ,. very much like BUZZ and that is my fav. music creation tool . .,

Kjell got any tracks you made with it?
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

I don't get one thing: the site claims it's openSource and I do see NO SOURCE AT ALL xD
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

just a couple of source code links i found looking for an open source pascal midi editor,.

http://symmetrica.net/newac/
http://www.crossfire-designs.de/index.p ... me=sl3.htm
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

Also try SFXR, a great tool for creating sound effects in the spirit of ZGE.

K
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

For the ones that are still looking for a decent free (opensource) music editor, LMMS 4.0 (Linux MultiMedia Studio) is build with the QT4 library, so it is portable and there are builds for linux and windows. It's the ReleaseCandidate, not the stable vers. However, worked great for me :)

See http://lmms.sourceforge.net/
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

8)

Better late then never .. SunVox Engine 1.1b Source-Code

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

even more interesting,. BeRo true to his word has released BR404!

http://www.farbrausch.de/br404/

this one has "SDK for Delphi 5/7, FreePascal 2.x and MSVC / MSVC COFF library file format compatible products included" !!!!

Would this make it possible to add a music player component to play these tracks back in ZGE ?

Well that is an interesting system,. however I still want to do a tracker for ZGE with all the new arrays and such its just a matter of time,. . peace.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hey jph,

The main problem I ran into writing the Player part of a Tracker in ZGE is timing. You really need to be able to write to a sound-buffer ( the size of at least the length of one frame ) to make your sounds sync nicely together. When just running a track in FrameRateStyle:Free without much else going on, it generally sounds pretty decent, but when applied in a actual game .. it's not really acceptable.

K