ZGE on Mac

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

Re: ZGE on Mac

Post by VilleK »

rrTea wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:08 pm I still didn't manage to test everything, so far I only found that on my end #30 is still not filtering zgeproj files.
I think it is normal that they show the applications because on Mac they are actually subfolders (you can right click and choose show bundle contents). But any other file types should be grayed out. They are here.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

VilleK wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:36 pm I think it is normal that they show the applications because on Mac they are actually subfolders (you can right click and choose show bundle contents). But any other file types should be grayed out. They are here.
Actually it's quite unusual (no other software on macOS behaves like that) but it's not a show stopper.

To confirm, I was able to copy / paste a component by right clicking on it in the Project Tree, selecting "Copy…" and then right clicking on the ProjectTree and selecting "Paste…". So that's great!

I tried to do it with the keyboard too, which is mapped to Windows keyboard shortcut "control + v" but it works even though it's slightly confusing (some keyboard shortcuts follow Windows conventions, some follow Mac conventions, so sometimes it's hard to remember which one is which).

I was not lucky with other methods. Duplicating a component by drag/dropping didn't work no matter which keyboard shortcut I tried (a green "+" sign appears if I try it with "option" but the component does not get copied). If I just drag and drop a component in the Project Tree, a green "+" sign appears even though no copying is involved (only transferring a component to another Group for example).

Overall, as the ChatGPT would say, this is a great improvement and a step in the right direction!
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Alpha9c:

- The icons are now improved. I found a way to export all icons from Windows version and import them in Lazarus. It is not perfect but look a lot better than before.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Some more minor fixes.

Alpha 9d:

- Fix for pressing Esc crashes editor
- Cmd + c/v shortcut to copy/paste now works both in tree and code editor (previous it was ctrl in code editor)
- Tab behavior in code editor should now be like Windows version.
- Fix for possible crash when closing editor while a sound is playing
- Fix for issue when trying to drag/drop a treenode that has just been moved (issue #24)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Alpha 9e:

- File component now works both in designer and runtime.

Please note that for runtime then the files must be located next to the binary in Contents \ MacOS subfolder. Right-click on application bundle in Finder and select "Show package contents" to see this folder.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I'm having some trouble getting the File component to work. The referenced files are placed (folders containing them to be precise) next to the binary like this:
Contents of the ZGE app
Contents of the ZGE app
スクリーンショット 2023-06-13 8.37.48.png (43.08 KiB) Viewed 58742 times
No matter where I put the directories containing files that should be loaded (same directory as ZGE, same directory as the project, somewhere else), I can't read them neither from Preview nor from a build. What am I doing wrong?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

rrTea wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:41 am I'm having some trouble getting the File component to work. The referenced files are placed (folders containing them to be precise) next to the binary like this:
They should normally be located in same directory as project. Perhaps it is because they are in subfolders. What happens if you in your code or File component properties use a "/" as folder separator instead of "\"? So "data/somefile" etc.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Also: the date of ZGameEditor binary seems wrong in that screenshot you posted. Are you sure you downloaded the new version? I see on the first page it says "not downloaded yet".
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

That must be it, I think my download didn't get through. I tried it right now and the initial file operations seem to work, so far so good! Thanks Ville!!!