Access violation instead of syntax error

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Access violation instead of syntax error

Post by Rado1 »

Sometimes, access violation exception is thrown instead of normal syntax error. This does not harm editor too much, but I'm not sure about consequences, eg., sometimes I cannot build and compress project because of another access violation exception.

Here are the steps how to reproduce the problem:

1. Open new project.
2. Put a new ZExpression to Content section.
3. Type "aa" (without quotes) in the Code editor.
4. Switch style (skin).
5. Type " " after "aa" in the Code editor.
6. Press OK button -> Access violation exception appears.

Here I used switching of skins, but sometimes access violation appears also without switching skins. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce that case.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I've also seen access violations instead of syntax errors from time to time, and whenever that happens I try to fix it immediately. Let me know if that occurs and what expression cause the error.
In this particular case it is because when you switch style the whole treeview must be recreated which leaves the currently selected node invalid. I'm changing so that it will automatically leave the current selection which should solve the problem.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Right now an "Access violation" pops up after clicking in the empty area of the Component palette (the one that appears in the Properties panel when for example "Content" is clicked on).
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Another way to get the same error is if... see video (admittedly I'm not supposed to be doing that but still, it shouldn't crash).
Attachments
Capture-188.avi
(the first time it was caught)
(569.5 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Thanks, will be fixed in next update.